Genki: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese I Textbook [third Edition] (Genki (1)) (Multilingual Edition)
Product Code: 9784789017305
Have a question?
This is the third edition of one of the most highly regarded textbooks on the Japanese language: Genki 1: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese. This learning book is divided into 12 themed chapters. It covers speaking, listening, reading, and writing to cultivate overall language ability. This book is perfect for self-study Japanese. Emphasis has been placed on balancing accuracy, fluency, and complexity.
Each lesson in the revised edition of Genki 1 features a new “Culture Notes” section. This new part is designed to enhance student's knowledge of Japan through information on Japanese culture and daily life. The vocabulary has also been updated with more modern and useful vocabulary. The grammar points presented in the volume are the same, though the explanations have been made even easier to understand.
Lastly, audio aids which were previously sold separately, have been included on an mp3 audio CD. This audio disc can be used with any music player. Please note that this book does not include any PDF you can download or online version access. Genki 1: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese is distributed by Tsai Fong Books, Inc.
Genki 1 lesson structure:
- A vocabulary list that includes kanji, readings in hiragana and English translations for all new vocabulary introduced in the chapter.
- Easy to understand grammar explanations of all new grammar introduced in the chapter, including several examples and English translations of them for every grammar point.
- A dialog between the protagonists. All kanji have readings and English translations of the dialogs are available.
A practice section that challenges your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills with all new grammar, vocabulary, and kanji introduced in the chapter.
Culture notes that explain different aspects of Japanese culture.
Recommended for you if:
- You are a beginner and have not started learning Japanese yet.
- You prefer a comprehension orientated approach to language learning (detailed, easy to understand grammar explanations).
- You want to self-study, have a private teacher or visit a Japanese language course.
Third Edition note: The 2nd Edition Answer Key is NOT compatible with either the Genki 3rd Edition Textbook nor Workbook. However, Times New Japan has provided an online version of the answer key for free. Use the QR code inside the cover to access it.
About this volume
Original Title: 初級日本語 げんき I 【第3版】
Pages : 384 (+ 1 CD & study app)
Publishing Date: March 3rd, 2020