Winterkill ( Joe Pickett Novel #3 )
C. J. Box is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Joe Pickett series, five stand-alone novels, and the story collection Shots Fired. He has won the Edgar, Anthony, Macavity, Gumshoe, and two Barry awards, as well as the French Prix Calibre .38 and a French Elle magazine literary award. His books have been translated into twenty-seven languages. He and his wife Laurie split their time between their home and ranch in Wyoming.
Praise for Winterkill " Winterkill proves that Box...is one of the best new voices in the mystery game. [It's] a full-fledged thriller, Wyoming style."-- Rocky Mountain News "Exquisite descriptions...[Box's] story moves smoothly and suspensefully to the showdown."-- The Washington Post "The writing is strong, the scenery vivid, and the characters complex."-- Houston Chronicle "Pickett remains an utterly sympathetic, Gary Cooper-ish hero....A superb mystery series with an urgent message for troubled times."-- Booklist (starred review) "Box's characters shine as brightly as the environment. Joe is a hero, but he is also quite human....A nice contemporary spin on the old-fashioned western."-- The Philadelphia Inquirer More Praise for the C. J. Box and the Joe Pickett novels "One of today's solid-gold, A-list, must-read writers."--Lee Child "Picking up a new C. J. Box thriller is like spending quality time with family you love and have missed...It's a rare thriller series that has characters grow and change. An exciting reading experience for both loyal fans as well as newcomers."--Associated Press "Box is a master."-- The Denver Post "Box knows what readers expect and delivers it with a flourish."-- Cleveland Plain Dealer "Wyoming game warden Joe Pickett strides in big boots over the ruggedly gorgeous landscape of C.J. Box's outdoor mysteries."-- The New York Times Book Review "Riveting...[A] skillfully crafted page-turner."-- People "Will keep you on the edge of your seat."-- The Philadelphia Enquirer
Joe Pickett's pursuit of a killer through the rugged mountains of Wyoming takes a horrifying turn when his beloved foster daughter is kidnapped in this thriller in the #1 New York Times bestselling series. It's an hour away from darkness, a bitter winter storm is raging, and Joe Pickett is deep in the forest edging Battle Mountain, shotgun in his left hand, his truck's detached steering wheel handcuffed to his right--and Lamar Gardiner's arrow-riddled corpse splayed against the tree in front of him. Lamar's murder and the sudden onslaught of the snowstorm warn: Get off the mountain. But Joe knows this episode is far from over. And when his own daughter gets caught up in his hunt for the killer, Joe will stop at nothing to get her back...
- Publishers Weekly 06/30/2003 (EAN 9781590869468, Analog Audio Cassette)
- Publishers Weekly 07/07/2003 (EAN 9781590869468, Analog Audio Cassette)
- Publishers Weekly 04/07/2003 pg. 49 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- Library Journal 04/15/2003 pg. 130 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- Kirkus Reviews 04/15/2003 pg. 573 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- BookPage 05/01/2003 pg. 10 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- New York Times 05/18/2003 pg. 33 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- USA Today 05/26/2003 pg. 1 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- Booklist 05/01/2003 pg. 1534 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover) - *Starred Review
- Booklist 05/01/2004 pg. 1485 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)
- Publishers Weekly 05/05/2003 (EAN 9780399150456, Hardcover)