Who Was Thomas Jefferson? ( Who Was...? )
A biography of the life of Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States and writer of the Declaration of Independence.
The author of more than 225 children's and young adult non-fiction books, Dennis Brindell Fradin was the winner of many awards, including the Flora Steiglitz Straus best non-fiction book of the year, two Carter Woodson awards, a Golden Kite honor plaque, and three Society of Midland Authors Best Book prizes, Dennis prided himself on writing graceful, readable prose for young people. A born storyteller, the decade he spent as a second-grade teacher helped him perfect his fluid style of writing for children.
Includes bibliographical references;Who was Thomas Jefferson? -- Tall Tom -- Tall Tom in love -- We hold these truths to be self-evident... -- Governor and minister to France -- Secretary of State and Vice President -- Our third President -- Last years at Monticello -- Thomas Jefferson's legacy -- Jefferson's sayings and expressions.
Perfect for kids who are beyond easy-to-read books but not quite ready for really long biographies
Did you know that John Adams had to coax Thomas Jefferson into writing the Declaration of Independence? It's true. The shy Virginia statesman refused at first, but then went on to author one of our nation's most important and inspiring documents. The third U.S. president, Jefferson was also an architect, inventor, musician, farmer, and-what is certainly the most troubling aspect of his life-a slave owner. Finally, here's a biography for kids that unveils the many facets of this founding father's remarkable and complicated life.
- Hornbook Guide to Children 07/01/2003 pg. 194 (EAN 9780448431451, Paperback)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 01/01/2004 pg. 194 (EAN 9780448431451, Paperback)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 07/01/2003 pg. 194 (EAN 9780448432366, Library Binding)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 01/01/2004 pg. 194 (EAN 9780448432366, Library Binding)
- School Library Journal 12/01/2009 pg. 102 (EAN 9781603964258, Paperback)
- Criticas 11/01/2009 pg. 1 (EAN 9781603964258, Paperback)