The Battle for Skandia: Book Four ( Ranger's Apprentice #4 )
John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. John began writing Ranger's Apprentice for his son, Michael, ten years ago, and is still hard at work on the series and its spinoff, Brotherband Chronicles. He currently lives in the suburb of Manly, Australia, with his wife. In addition to their son, they have two grown daughters and four grandsons.
Originally published in Australia by Random House Australia Children's Books in 2006 under the title: Oakleaf bearers.;After Ranger's apprentice Will battles Temujai warriors to rescue Evanlyn, Will's kingdom of Skandia joins forces with rival kingdom Araluen to defeat a common enemy.;010 up.
The international bestselling series with over 5 million copies sold in the U.S. alone! Still far from home after escaping slavery in the icebound land of Skandia, young Will and Evanlyn's plans to return to Araluen are spoiled when Evanlyn is taken captive. Though still weak, Will employs his Ranger training to locate his friend but soon finds himself fatally outnumbered. Will is certain death is close at hand, until Halt and Horace make a daring last-minute rescue. But their reunion is cut short by the horrifying discovery that Skandia's borders have been breached by the Temujai army - and Araluen is next in their sights. Only an unlikely union can save the two kingdoms, but can it hold long enough to vanquish a ruthless new enemy? Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, T.H. White's The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini's Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series.
- Wilson Children's Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780142413401, Paperback)
- Wilson Middle/Jr. High Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780142413401, Paperback)
- Kirkus Review - Children 01/01/2008 pg. 41 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover) - *Starred Review
- Voice of Youth Advocates 02/01/2008 pg. 542 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)
- Booklist 04/01/2008 pg. 50 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)
- School Library Journal 06/01/2008 pg. 138 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 07/01/2008 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 10/01/2008 pg. 342 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)
- Wilson Children's Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)
- Wilson Middle/Jr. High Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9780399244575, Hardcover)