Taggerung ( Redwall #14 )
A young otter, kidnapped in his infancy and raised as a warrior-thief by a band of vermin, leaves the tribe and goes off to seek adventures of his own.
Brian Jacques was both a master storyteller and a jack-of-all-trades. He lived the life of a sailor, actor, stand-up comedian, radio host, bobby, even a bus driver. He was the recipient of an honorary doctorate in literature from the University of Liverpool and a New York Times bestselling author of more than twenty-five books for younger readers, including the wildly popular Redwall series. Dr. Jacques was a lifelong resident of Liverpool, England.
Praise for the Redwall series "Brian Jacques has the true fantasy writer's ability to create a wholly new and believable world." - School Library Journal "The medieval world of Redwall Abbey--where gallant mouse warriors triumph over evil invaders--has truly become the stuff of legend." - Seattle Post-Intelligencer "A grand adventure story. Once the reader is hooked, there is no peace until the final page." - Chicago Sun-Times "Jacques's effortless, fast-paced narrative gets its readers quickly hooked. He clearly loves this other world he has created--there's a genius sense of involvement and care (lots of lovingly descriptive passages), as well as an overflowing, driving imagination." - Birmingham Post "Redwall is both an incredible and ingratiating place, one to which readers will doubtless cheerfully return." - New York Times Book Review "An excellent adventure with an enlightened conscience. Brilliantly complex. With vibrant and distinct animal characters, Jacques's classically inspired plot-weaving achieves virtuosity." - Publishers Weekly "Only a churl would reject this morality play in fur." - Kirkus Reviews "Filled with the kind of vibrant storytelling that fans of Jacques have come to expect. His dialogue is lively and delightful to read aloud...so rich in detail that the sights and sounds and smells of the adventure pull the reader in." - Grand Rapids Press (MI) "A richly imagined world in which bloody battles vie for attention with copious feasting and tender romancing. Where males and females are heroes and warriors. Where the young triumph and the old endure. Where intelligence is as valued as strength and wit is frequently more important than size...[Jacques] continues to surprise and delight with intriguing plots and fresh faces." - Cincinnati Enquirer "The Knights of the Round Table with paws." - The Sunday Times (London)
New York Times bestselling author Brian Jacques gives us another tales of Redwall, filled with "The Knights of the Round Table with paws" (The Sunday Times) along with their friends and enemies.
A young otter raised by a vermin clan to be the Taggerung-the chosen beast who will lead them to victory-embarks on a journey to find his real home and family.
- Kliatt 11/01/2002 pg. 24 (EAN 9780441009688, Mass Market Paperbound)
- School Library Journal 08/01/2003 (EAN 9781402535956, Analog Audio Cassette)
- PW Notes and Reprints 11/03/2003 pg. 77 (EAN 9780142501542, Paperback)
- Publishers Weekly 11/03/2003 (EAN 9780142501542, Paperback)
- Kirkus Review - Children 08/01/2001 pg. 1125 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- Publishers Weekly 08/27/2001 pg. 86 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- Booklist 08/01/2001 pg. 2120 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- School Library Journal 10/01/2001 pg. 162 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- Horn Book Magazine 11/01/2001 pg. 750 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- Booklist 04/15/2002 pg. 1417 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 07/01/2001 pg. 87 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 01/01/2002 pg. 87 (EAN 9780399237201, Hardcover)