Study for the Series 65 Exam
Bob Eder has revised Study for the Series 65 Exam, effective January, 2018, to reflect recent tax changes made by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act .
- New topics covered include the reduction of the maximum tax rate for corporations from 35 to 21 percent; the reduction of the maximum tax rate on ordinary income for individuals from 39.6 to 37 percent; the 20 percent reduction in counting income from pass-throughs, such as partnerships and LLC's; and the ability to use 529 plans to pay for education expenses in grades K through 12 in private schools.
- In addition, Study for the Series 65 Exam contains new materials added to the exam during 2017, such as questions on alternate investments, leveraged funds, inverse funds, viatical investments, and qualified domestic relations orders (QDRO). Also, there is treatment of asset-back securities, "soft dollars," standard deviation calculations, rules on political contributions, and much more.
- For example, there is extensive treatment of the SEC interpretation of the Investment Advisers Rule 206(3), on how and when advisers may act as agents or principals in the execution of orders for clients' accounts.
- Study for the Series 65 Exam is a study guide for those persons who plan to take the Series 65 exam, passing of which is necessary to become registered as investment adviser representatives, i.e., those who wish to take compensation for giving investment advice.
- Study for the Series 65 Exam includes both applicable rules and practice questions designed to test the reader's comprehension.What makes this book special is the insertion of practice questions throughout the text.
- Each question tests the student, and asks him/her to make an immediate decision on what was just read. Each question comes with an immediate answer and clear explanation of why the answer is correct or incorrect.
- Both the presence of the practice questions and the immediate feedback embedded throughout Study for the Series 65 Exam give the student an important edge in comprehension and retention.
- Included are two practice exams, at the end of the text, each containing 120 questions and answer explanations.