Shepherds Abiding ( Mitford Years #8 )
Originally published: New York: Viking, 2003.
Jan Karon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Mitford series, featuring Episcopal priest Father Tim Kavanagh. She has authored twelve other books, including Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader, and several titles for children. Jan lives in Virginia near the World Heritage site of Jefferson's Monticello.
Praise for Jan Karon "Jan Karon reflects contemporary culture more fully than almost any other living novelist."-- Los Angeles Times "The faster and more impersonal the world becomes, the more we need...Mitford."-- Cleveland Plain Dealer "Welcome home Mitford fans...to Karon's gift for illuminating the struggles that creep into everyday lives--along with a vividly imagined world."-- People
Experience the joys of a small town Christmas in this novel in the beloved Mitford series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Jan Karon. Millions of Americans have found Mitford to be a favorite home-away-from-home, and countless readers have long wondered what Christmas in Mitford would be like. The eighth Mitford novel provides a glimpse, offering a meditation on the best of all presents: the gift of one's heart. Since he was a boy, Father Tim has lived what he calls "the life of the mind" and has never really learned to savor the work of his hands. When he finds a derelict nativity scene that has suffered the indignities of time and neglect, he imagines the excitement in the eyes of his wife, Cynthia, and decides to undertake the daunting task of restoring it. As Father Tim begins his journey, readers are given a seat at Mitford's holiday table and treated to a magical tale about the true Christmas spirit.
- Ingram Advance 11/01/2005 pg. 159 (EAN 9780143058229, Analog Audio Cassette)
- Ingram Advance 11/01/2005 pg. 159 (EAN 9780143058212, Compact Disc)
- Library Journal Prepub Alert 06/15/2003 pg. 52 (EAN 9780670031207, Hardcover)
- Booklist 08/01/2003 pg. 1928 (EAN 9780670031207, Hardcover)
- Publishers Weekly 11/03/2003 pg. 55 (EAN 9780670031207, Hardcover)
- BookPage 12/01/2003 pg. 11 (EAN 9780670031207, Hardcover)
- Library Journal 06/15/2003 (EAN 9780670031207, Hardcover)