Out to Canaan ( Mitford Years #4 )
"The fourth novel in the bestselling Mitford series"--Cover.
Jan Karon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of fourteen novels in the Mitford series, featuring Episcopal priest Father Tim Kavanagh. She has authored thirteen other books, including Bathed in Prayer and Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader, and several titles for children. Jan lives in Virginia near the World Heritage site of Jefferson's Monticello.
"Welcome home Mitford fans . . . to Karon's gift for illuminating the struggles that creep into everyday lives--along with a vividly imagined world."
Father Tim, the Episcopal rector, and his talented and vivacious wife, Cynthia, are pondering the murky uncertainties of retirement. They're also trying to locate the scattered siblings of Dooley Barlowe, the mountain boy they love as their own. A brash new mayoral candidate is calling for aggressive development, and a tough survivor must hunker down for the fight of her life. Worse, the Sweet Stuff Bakery may be closing, and a suspicious real estate agent is trying to turn the beloved house on the hill into a spa. Can change be coming to Mitford? The buzz on Main Street says yes. Change is certainly coming to the tenderest regions of several townspeople's lives. A woman struggles every day to stay on course after years of hard living. A man tries to forgive himself for a tragic mistake. And the town's most eligible bachelor leaves Mitford -- and returns with a stunning surprise.
Get to know the lovable cast of characters that populate the small town of Mitford in this inspirational novel in Jan Karon's #1 New York Times bestselling series. Millions of readers have come home to Mitford, the little town with the big heart, whose endearing and eccentric residents have become like family members. But now change is coming to the hamlet. Father Tim, the Episcopal rector, and his wife, Cynthia, are pondering retirement; a brash new mayoral candidate is calling for aggressive development; a suspicious realtor with plans for a health spa is eyeing the beloved house on the hill; and, worst of all, the Sweet Stuff Bakery may be closing. Meanwhile, ordinary people are leading the extraordinary lives that hundreds of thousands of readers have found so inviting and inspiring.
- Ingram Paperback Advance 07/01/2005 pg. 39 (EAN 9780143035060, Mass Market Paperbound)
- Publishers Weekly 04/14/1997 pg. 52 (EAN 9780670874859, Hardcover)
- Booklist 04/01/1997 pg. 1268 (EAN 9780670874859, Hardcover)
- Library Journal Prepub Alert 02/01/1997 pg. 60 (EAN 9780670874859, Hardcover)
- Library Journal 05/01/1997 pg. 140 (EAN 9780670874859, Hardcover)
- Kirkus Reviews 03/15/1997 pg. 406 (EAN 9780670874859, Hardcover)
- Library Journal Prepub Alert 05/15/1997 pg. 58 (EAN 9780670874859, Hardcover)
- Library Journal 12/01/1997 pg. 174 (EAN 9780788709739, Analog Audio Cassette)
- Library Journal 12/02/1997 (EAN 9780788709739, Analog Audio Cassette)