Or in a better place? Kaeleigh and Raeanne are identical down to the dimple. As daughters of a district-court judge father and a politician mother, they are an all-American family -- on the surface. Behind the facade each sister has her own dark secret, and that's where their differences begin. For Kaeleigh, she's the misplaced focus of Daddy's love, intended for a mother whose presence on the campaign trail means absence at home. All that Raeanne sees is Daddy playing a game of favorites -- and she is losing. If she has to lose, she will do it on her own terms, so she chooses drugs, alcohol, and sex. Secrets like the ones the twins are harboring are not meant to be kept -- from each other or anyone else. Pretty soon it's obvious that neither sister can handle it alone, and one sister must step up to save the other, but the question is -- who?
- Kirkus Review - Children 07/01/2008 pg. 703 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover) - *Starred Review
- Publishers Weekly 07/07/2008 pg. 59 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover) - *Starred Review
- School Library Journal 08/01/2008 pg. 122 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover)
- Romantic Times 09/01/2008 pg. 60 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover)
- Voice of Youth Advocates 10/01/2008 pg. 334 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover)
- Kirkus Best Young-Adult Books 12/01/2008 pg. 6 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover)
- Hornbook Guide to Children 01/01/2009 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover)
- Wilson Senior High Catalog 04/11/2019 (EAN 9781416950059, Hardcover)
- ALA Audiobooks for YA 03/01/2010 pg. 31 (EAN 9781598877359, Compact Disc)
Contributor Bio: Hopkins, Ellen
Ellen Hopkins is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of fourteen young adult novels, as well as the adult novels Triangles, Collateral, and Love Lies Beneath. She lives with her family in Carson City, Nevada, where she has founded Ventana Sierra, a nonprofit youth housing and resource initiative. Visit her at EllenHopkins.com and on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter at @EllenHopkinsLit.